Missouri FCCLA’s state officers serve as the highest level of leadership within the state association, responsible for guiding and shaping the future of Missouri FCCLA’s programs and initiatives. These exceptional young leaders are elected annually as representatives of their regional associations to Missouri FCCLA and at the State Leadership Conference to serve as the voice of Missouri FCCLA’s nearly 9000 members.
As members of Missouri FCCLA State Executive Council, state officers play a crucial role in program development and implementation and public relations. They work to advance FCCLA’s mission and values at the state level, serving as role models and advocates for the transformative power of youth leadership. They inspire and empower members to reach their full potential as leaders, embodying FCCLA’s core values of character, leadership, teamwork, and service. These leaders are committed to positively impacting their communities and the world around them.
The State Executive Council of the Missouri Association of Family, Career and Community Leaders of America is composed of fourteen officers – one representative from each region. From those fourteen, the following positions are elected at the State Leadership Conference: President, First Vice President, and up to two National Officer Candidates (which may become National Liaisons, dependent on the results of national office election).
2023-2024 State Executive Council
The State Executive Council will:
- Determine policies and procedures of the state association.
- Determine the business to be brought before the voting delegates at State Leadership Conference.
- Approve the annual budget.
- Make plans for Fall Leadership Conference and State Leadership Conference.
- Make plans for additional leadership training program(s).
- Conduct other business necessary for the growth of Missouri FCCLA.
The State Executive Council and Missouri FCCLA State Staff have the authority and control of the association, subject to such regulations and bylaws as may be adopted by the Missouri Association Family, Career and Community Leaders of America.
Newly-Elected State Officers & Advisers
- Review the State Executive Officer Handbook.
- Review the State Executive Council Adviser Handbook.
- Submit the required materials listed below by March 1 (received by the Missouri FCCLA State Office).
- Make plans for State Officer Elections at State Leadership Conference. Review the information located on the “Elections & Procedures” page for details.
Required for Newly-Elected State Officers
- SEC Standards
- Internet Consent Form
- Social Media Code of Conduct
- State Officer Uniform Loan and Deposit Policies
- $100 Uniform deposit (checks made payable to Missouri FCCLA)
- Original Signature Page (from officer qualification form)
- Official transcript
- SEC Questionnaire
With the exception of the SEC Questionnaire, all required materials should be original copies and mailed to:
attn: State Adviser
P.O. Box 480
Jefferson City, MO 65102